The changes will be pushed closer to the release of cturtle. It is difficult for us to maintain both cturtle and latest during this period, especially given the rapid rate of patches and fixes that will likely occur. cturtle and latest have small differences that would require doing separate testing to do simultaneous releases.

It's also the case that cturtle represents a more stable version of latest, with 99% of the same functionality. It's pretty much a win-win to switch. We generally don't recommend that any institution track latest, as it only exists to aid active ROS development. APIs are in flux, features get pulled, etc...

Hope this clears up any confusion,
Ken

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Antons Rebguns <arebgun@gmail.com> wrote:

Ken,

When are you planning to push changes back into latest? After cturtle is released?

Anton