Andreas,
Did you see any error messages?  If rosinstall encounters an error it will not generate the setup.sh and the bootstrap compile will also fail.

Tully

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Andreas Vogt <andreas.vogt@dfki.de> wrote:
Hi,

I did this:

"5.Creating the shared install" under
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/SharedInstallation

then

setup.sh in /opt/ros/shared_base is missing
rospack and many more packages are not under /opt/ros etc.

and without rospack and setup.sh it is not possible to install ros.

Andreas

On 08.07.2010 22:07, Brian Gerkey wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Andreas Vogt<andreas.vogt@dfki.de>  wrote:
>
>> I tried the shared installation a long time ago and I followed the
>> description in the tutorial and it worked. But now, it doesn't work
>> anymore. There is no setup.sh file and a lots of packages are missing.
>>
> Can you be more specific?  Which tutorial were you following, and what
> exactly is the incorrect behavior that you saw?
>
>       brian.

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.