I tried this and got these errors. Am I missing some files you have there locally?

process[tabletop_node-35]: started with pid [8301]
[ERROR] [WallTime: 1279072996.735706295]: Database connection failed with error message: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

[ERROR] [69.915000000]: Failed to open model database on host localhost, port 5432, user willow with password willow, database models
[FATAL] [69.915000000]: BREAKPOINT HIT
file = /home/aleeper/ros/overlays/tabletop_object_perception/tabletop_object_detector/src/tabletop_node.cpp
line=241

[tabletop_node-35] process has died [pid 8301, exit code -5].

Adam Leeper
Stanford University
aleeper@stanford.edu
719.358.3804

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Matei Ciocarlie <matei@willowgarage.com> wrote:
Hi Adam,

The entire grasping pipeline has undergone significant rewriting in
preparation for release. We are hoping to do an 0.2 release of it at
the end of this week, complete with documentation, a stable API, etc.

In the meantime, if you wanted to be an "early adopter" and check out
the 0.1 version that would be great, as your feedback would help us
for 0.2. You can get the most up to date version using the following
.rosinstall overlay file:

https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/trunk/rosinstall_files/cturtle/pr2_manipulation-cturtle-pr2all-overlay-devel.rosinstall

To use an overlay file, you would first do a normal ROS insallation
(of cturtle in this case), then use the overlay file like this:

rosinstall target_directory overlay_file_path

And be sure to prepend the target directory to your ROS_PACKAGE_PATH

To start the manipulation pipeline, use

roslaunch pr2_tabletop_manipulation_launch pr2_tabletop_manipulation.launch

There is no documentation on the wiki yet (we are writing it this
week) but the code itself is well documented. You can get an idea of
how to run it bu looking in the package pr2_pick_and_place_demos,
which contains both Python and C++ examples.

Let me know if you have any questions, we'll be glad to assist you.

Matei

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Adam Leeper <aleeper@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi-
> I was trying to follow this tutorial to grab things in
> simulation: http://www.ros.org/wiki/arm_navigation/Tutorials/Running%20the%20object%20pickup%20pipeline
> but it seems the names of the packages have changed (I realize that tutorial
> was last edited February 4th...). Anyway, I found the pr2_arm_navigation
> stack but can't seem to find anything directly related to what is referenced
> in the tutorial.
> I realize the whole stack is probably still going through a lot of changes,
> but do the launch files from that tutorial still exist in some form? What is
> the "easy" way of trying out some basic grasping?
> Thanks,
> Adam
>

> Adam Leepercoffee
> Stanford University