Andreas,

To get a better idea of what's going on, It might be helpful to take a look at the obstacle information with rviz, see the following tutorial: http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/Using%20rviz%20with%20the%20Navigation%20Stack

In particular, you'll want to look at the plan being created and any obstacles or unkown space that might block the robot's path.

Hope this helps,

Eitan

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Wim Meeussen <meeussen@willowgarage.com> wrote:

Andreas,

I've seen this problem in the past when the goal you send has an invalid quaternion. If you don't specify the orientation of your robot, the quaternion message will default to all zero's, which is not valid.

Wim