Hey Patrick,

We have an upcoming project involving the Vicon system and ROS, so if it is easy to put the code up on github we'd appreciate seeing how another lab integrated the two.

Peter

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Patrick Bouffard <bouffard@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
Hi Chris,

I hacked together something for use in our lab. This is used for
tracking a rigid body (a quadrotor helicopter). It's a bit rough
around the edges though I had been giving some thought to making it a
bit more polished and generic. To the extent that your application is
similar to mine, it might be of use to you.

However, the Datastream SDK is pretty straightforward--it was pretty
easy to use code from the demo they include with the SDK--depending on
what you want to do that might make the most sense for you to do
something similar.

If on the other hand you just want to know the 6-dof pose of a rigid
body (i.e. a single 'segment' in the Vicon object hierarchy) then the
node I've written could help.

Let me know if you'd like to take a look at it and I'll break it out
of the larger codebase and put it on github or something.

Cheers,

Pat