Hi Nicolas,
For 1) The PR2PointCloudFootprintFIlter is in the pr2_laser_filters package in the pr2_navigation stack.

For 2) That function is run in the middle of that filtering node, and applies filters to the laser scan before, and the point cloud after.

Tully

2010/11/25 Nicolás Alvarez Picco <nicolasapicco@hotmail.com>
Hi Tully,

Thanks for the info. After reading the info, I have two question:
1)
I am using the:
<!-- Lase filter of type scan_to_cloud_filter_chain -->

   <node pkg="laser_filters" type="scan_to_cloud_filter_chain" name="tilt_shadow_filter">

    <rosparam command="load" file="$(find han_Planner)/conf/laser_config.yaml" />
    <rosparam command="load" file="$(find han_Planner)/conf/cloud_config.yaml" />

    <param name="high_fidelity" value="true" />
    <param name="target_frame" type="string" value="base_link" />
    <remap from="base_scan" to="tilt_scan" />
    <remap from="cloud_filtered" to="tilt_scan_cloud_filtered" />
  </node>

and I am having this error:
[ERROR] [1290695004.098285318]: Couldn't find filter of type PR2PointCloudFootprintFilter

I can't find the PR2PointCloudFootprintFilter.

2)
Do you know if the scan_to_cloud_filter_chain do the same as the
transformLaserScanToPointCloud() plus filtering the data??

Thanks!!!

Nicolas

From: tfoote@willowgarage.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 07:06:33 -0800
To: ros-users@code.ros.org
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Laser_data Working with gazebo

Hi Nicolas,

You'll find a bunch of basic laser scan processing code in the laser_pipeline stack.  http://www.ros.org/wiki/laser_pipeline  Going from a LaserScan to PointCloud is implemented in the laser_geometry package in that stack.

Tully

2010/11/24 Nicolás Alvarez Picco <nicolasapicco@hotmail.com>
Hi Everybody,

I am working in simulation, specifically I am simulating a diff robot in Gazebo, but now I need to use the laser_data of the robot. So actually I don't know how to subscribe to that topic, I mean I can not find information about how can I acquire that info. I know the laser take a number of samples that I guess you can set in the model, but the msg sensor_msgs/LaserScan  is an array that has all those points? Is available an standard code for subscribing this kind of msg. Because I looked into the amcl code, although it is very difficult for my C ++ level.
I have read the info about the sensor_msgs/LaserScan, though it gives info about the angles, times, but I dont know how can I get each point return by the laser so later with the tf I can know where they are inside a map.
Any kind of help is useful. Thanks.

Nicolas

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer