Thanks for the infos. The fit-pc2 looks very interesting, how would you compare it with this: http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/intel-blkd510mo-w-intel-atom-dc.html in terms of image processing capabilities?

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 4:13 AM, William Woodall <wjwwood@gmail.com> wrote:
If you are looking for a small, low power x86 type computer you should checkout the fit-pc2.  We've had good success with these computers.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Woodall

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Bill Mania <maniabill@yahoo.com> wrote:
Homer,

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 06:24:22PM +0800, Homer Manalo wrote:
> I'd like to know what kind of computer are you using for your robots. I
> would also like to know what are your recommendations for a robot that will
> make a lot of use of image processing, say two stereo cameras. Are intel
> atoms sufficient for the job? What about beagleboards? Or the pico ITX from
> VIA?

I'm in Chicago and building a hobby robot. I'm currently using an
old Dell notebook computer (with the display removed) and an AVR
microcontroller. I plan to have a single webcam, two motor
controllers, two ultrasonic rangefinders, a gyroscope and a GPS.

So far, I seem to have sufficient computing capacity, but the
whole thing is a bit heavy. 8^(

--
Bill Mania /'mæ ɲə/
dum vivimus, vivamus!