2011/2/4 Steven Bellens <steven.bellens@mech.kuleuven.be>
Hey Willy,

[...]
> it seems to miss the lua-dev dependency in the rosdem.yaml. Do you know this
> Ruben ?

Thanks for the patch. I've just applied it on master and merged master
with the orocos_toolchain_ros-0.2 branch. This should also resolve the
lua dependency, as it was not yet present on the master branch (but is
now after the merge).
Concerning the ROS warning about the invalid manifest file: this is a
known issue and will be solved with the next orocos release (they
don't have any further impact on your installation).
Let us know if you have any more problems.

I deleted my orocos_toolchain_ros and try from scratch a new installation based on master branch (it means I didn't follow the wiki instructions :p)

I still have to play with submodules which is a pity I think but I can't help with git I am too bad with it !

git clone http://git.mech.kuleuven.be/robotics/orocos_toolchain_ros.git
cd orocos_toolchain_ros
(!! no branching !!)
git submodule init
git submodule update --recursive

I appreciate the debian rosdep, but you forgot to add the one for lua-dev . It is the same as ubuntu, I can provide a patch but for a copy paste line I don't know if it worth it.

I suggest you add the --rosdep-install at the end of rosmake command line on the wiki (or add a new command line for rosdep)

The rosdep step failed here :

[ rosmake ] rosdep install failed: QUITTING: due to conflicting rosdep definitions, please resolve this conflict.
Rules for ruby do not match:
    ruby [/home/ard/ros/ros/rosdep.yaml]
    ruby1.8-dev libruby1.8 [/home/ard/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros/rosdep.yaml]

I don't have this if I use the unstable branch. I can't test on cturtle branch because of this :
ard@ard-host-v5:~/ros/orocos_toolchain_ros$ git checkout -b cturtle origin/cturtle
error: Untracked working tree file 'ocl/CMakeLists.txt' would be overwritten by merge.

I to be honest I have enougth with git today to correct this :p

regards,

Steven