Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I think that I still haven't figured out how to use the environment server properly. I still can't view the attached object.

I pasted the rostopic info for my environment server at the end [1]. If you have any hints to what may be the problem, they're welcome!

Cheers,

Ugo

[1]
 rosnode info /environment_server
Node [/environment_server]
Publications:
 * /environment_server/state_validity [motion_planning_msgs/DisplayTrajectory]
 * /environment_server/allowed_contact_regions_array [visualization_msgs/MarkerArray]
 * /rosout [rosgraph_msgs/Log]
 * /environment_server/collision_pose [motion_planning_msgs/DisplayTrajectory]
 * /environment_server_contact_markers [visualization_msgs/Marker]

Subscriptions:
 * /collision_object [mapping_msgs/CollisionObject]
 * /tf [tf/tfMessage]
 * /collision_map_occ [mapping_msgs/CollisionMap]
 * /attached_collision_object [mapping_msgs/AttachedCollisionObject]
 * /collision_map_occ_update [mapping_msgs/CollisionMap]
 * /joint_states [sensor_msgs/JointState]

Services:
 * /environment_server/tf_frames
 * /environment_server/get_state_validity
 * /environment_server/get_current_allowed_collision_matrix
 * /environment_server/set_logger_level
 * /environment_server/get_environment_safety
 * /environment_server/revert_allowed_collisions
 * /environment_server/get_joints_in_group
 * /environment_server/get_loggers
 * /environment_server/get_group_info
 * /environment_server/get_execution_safety
 * /environment_server/get_trajectory_validity
 * /environment_server/get_collision_objects
 * /environment_server/get_robot_state
 * /environment_server/set_allowed_collisions

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Kaijen Hsiao <hsiao@willowgarage.com> wrote:
Hi Ugo,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Ugo Cupcic <ugo@shadowrobot.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure on which topic I should subscribe to visualize the
> attached_object in rviz as well. (I looked at the tf but couldn't see any tf
> moving with the model, once the hand has grasped the can).

Just noticed this last bit in your last email.  Hopefully you've
figured it out already, but in case you haven't, you visualize
attached objects the same way you visualize all the collision models
that you've added to the collision environment.  In our setup, the
topic is /collision_model_markers/environment_server but yours may
vary if you've changed your setup significantly.  There's no separate
tf frame associated with the object being broadcast.

-Kaijen

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo@shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot