Rene,

Part of the release infrastructure does make tarballs.  You can find them with a urls like this https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/common/common-1.4.3/common-1.4.3.tar.bz2  This is definitely an internal part of the release process and may change at any time, but it should give you what you want for the foreseeable future.

Tully

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:27 AM, René Ladan <rene@freebsd.org> wrote:
2011/3/3 Ken Conley <kwc@willowgarage.com>:
> ROS Diamondback is now officially released!  Thanks to the broad ROS
> community for helping to make this release possible.

Yay!

I'll see if I can update the C-Turtle stacks currently ported to FreeBSD to
their Diamondback versions.  But it's all spare time work :)

Are there official source tarballs available or just their SVN equivalents (e.g.
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/stacks/ros/tags/diamondback ) ? Because I currently
make my own tarballs from the SVN exports for FreeBSD.

Regards,
René

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer