Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the patch. It works well.

I think I'll get rid of the world root in my model anyway as it's an old remain of a previous gazebo model and it's not necessary anymore.

Cheers,

Ugo

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:43 AM, John Hsu <johnhsu@willowgarage.com> wrote:
Hi Ugo,

It looks like the problem is caused by the root link of the robot being "world".  I've patched r36726 to deal with this case.  Please let me know if the patch fixes your problem.

Thanks,
John

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Ugo Cupcic <ugo@shadowrobot.com> wrote:
Hi John,

Sorry I'm now at home and I don't have access to my code, so I don't have the exact lines I wrote.

Anyway I filled the message with the following:
model_name = "arm_and_hand"
test_urdf_param_name = "robot_description" (which is the parameter under which the urdf is loaded)

joint_names = ["ElbowJSwing"]
joint_positions = [1.5]

You can have a look at the urdf here:
Cheers,

Ugo

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:22 PM, John Hsu <johnhsu@willowgarage.com> wrote:

Hi Ugo,
can you show how the service message is filled out and the shadow urdf?
thanks,
John