Hi Damon,
I am really sorry for spelling mistake in your name...

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Verma

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Abhishek Verma <toabhishekverma@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Demon,
As of now I havent done much.
I created a bundle which has all libraries i.e whatever rosjava/lib contains + rosjava.jar(contains rosjava , apache common and xmlrpc).
Created OSGi Bundle which starts RosCore on 11311 (as of now hardcoded, but properties can be read from configuration files or command line) and Started a Publisher

In another java stand alone program I started subscriber and Subscriber is able to communicate with Publisher started in OSGi Bundle

Now I have to define RosCore as service (and export rosjava api) and launch Talker and Subscriber as a separate OSGi Bundle and check whether they are able to communicate or not.

As Knopflerfish Desktop bundle, I have plans to do UI Control for RosCore and all publishers and subscribers
Also I am planning to add a Visualiser which can show all publishers/subscribers running in system (I dont knowyet how much its possible or not) and A View for Publisher.

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek Verma

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Damon Kohler <damonkohler@google.com> wrote:
Hi Abhishek,

I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.

What kind of changes did you need to make for this to work?

Thanks,
Damon

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Abhishek Verma
<toabhishekverma@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friend,
> I have recently started working is ROSJAVA and while working on it I felt if
> it can be a good fit in OSGI framework.
> OSGi framework has lots of benefits which give good modular funtionality.
> Apart from that inbuilt configuraton management and command line
> funtionality make it nice framework.
> I just build my roscore module a publisher and a subscriber which can
> communicate with each other and tested it with Knopflerfish.
> As I am new to osgi framewor and even rosjava , I want to know others view
> on it. if anyone can for see something wrong in it?
> If someone else also working on osgi and rosjava please let me know.
> Thanks and Regards
> Abhishek Verma

Damon Kohler
Software Engineer

Google Germany GmbH
Dienerstr. 12
80331 München
AG Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: John Herlihy, Graham Law, Lloyd Martin, Kent Walker
Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat
sind, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren den Absender
und löschen Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge. Vielen Dank.

This email is confidential. If you are not the right addressee please
do not forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this
e-mail including any attachments. Thanks.