I see, so I would add the key value pair 'brew': HomebrewInstaller to the installers dictionary in the Osx class and rosdep will goto osx -> lion -> and select the first key that exists in the installers dictionary?

So, I would need to comment out all macports references in the rosdep.yaml's in order for it to exclusively use brew?  For experimenting I just commented out the insertion of the MacportsInstaller into the installers dictionary in the Osx class.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University
w@auburn.edu
wjwwood@gmail.com
williamjwoodall.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote@willowgarage.com> wrote:
Hi William,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Brian Gerkey <gerkey@willowgarage.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> The new rosdep spec restricts each rule to specify one package manager:
>
> http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0111.html#single-package-manager-per-rule
>
> As I understand that restriction, you'd have to switch the appropriate rosdep.yaml to pull graphviz via brew instead of macports.  I think that the rationale is that we want to minimize sources of variation in the underlying system.
>
>     brian.

From REP 111 [1] With the new format I would suggest as follows,
assuming "graphviz" is a package brew knows how to install.

osx:
 lion:
   brew: graphviz

Where rosdep selects the Brew installer based on the keyword 'brew'
instead of the defaut 'macports'

Tully

[1] http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0111.html

> On Aug 7, 2011 4:24 PM, "William Woodall" <wjwwood@gmail.com> wrote: