Hi Jack,

Looking at the commit messages for your metadata it looks like you're using the old release create.py script for fuerte.  There's a new procedure for releasing into fuerte.  http://www.ros.org/wiki/release/Releasing

I've updated create.py to error if you try to use it for fuerte, but that won't propgate out quickly.

Tully

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Vincent Rabaud
<vrabaud@willowgarage.com> wrote:

> Open up the yaml file and you'll see there is no precise. There was probably
> a message given to you when you did a ros release. To fix it, you first need
> to check that the dependencies are all proper for precise in
> https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/rosdep/base.yaml (by checking
> packages.ubuntu.com/precise/your_dependency_name ) and if so, you probably
> just need to do a rosdep update before your next release.

After hours of work, I still have no clue what rosdep is missing for Precise.

On a Precise-Fuerte machine, I run:

 $ rosdep update
 $ rosdep keys art_vehicle | wc -l
36
 $ rosdep resolve $(rosdep keys art_vehicle)
<long list of apt package lists>
 $ rosdep check art_vehicle
All system dependencies have been satisified

This seems to "prove" that all 36 rosdeps are correctly defined and
installable on Precise.

What am I missing here?
--
 joq