I should add that the restoring the search along the redundant DOF should find the solution that is closest to the seed when using searchPositionIK. Since the intended design searches for new solution by stepping away from the seed in discrete increments, the solution closest to the seed should be found first. From that point of view maybe the two bugs are indeed the same.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Juan Pablo Gonzalez <jpgonzal@yahoo.com> wrote:

Shaun,

It is related, but not the same one. My fix requires a sign change in four lines, and restores the search along the redundant DOF, which brings it in line with similar calls in the PR2 code. Their fix is a much broader patch that adds new functionality (or re-enables it), but it also changes getCount in a way that I am not sure is consistent with the initial approach. It's worth a code review, but I don't know when I'll have a chance to do that.

Juan Pablo

====================

Juan,

Is you bug related/the same as this one: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/ROS-KDLArmKinematicsPlugin-and-IKFastKinematicsPlugin-td4025943.html