I would say no, I think it should set the flag in the rosdebian case and do nothing in the other case, because if we have to set the value for the plain debian case then why do we have GNUInstallDirs.cmake being used at all?

Also, this assumes that when you are running bloom you are on a debian machine.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Thomas Moulard <thomas.moulard@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Dirk Thomas <dthomas@osrfoundation.org> wrote:
> That sounds like a great way to deal with GNUInstallDirs at release time.
>
> I guess we still need a good way to make it work seamlessly when packages
> are build by users. May be we can come up with a similar elegant solution
> for that.

Here is a quick (untested) attempt:
https://github.com/thomas-moulard/bloom/commit/44e68b11565bee6b0214406d2a8bd406063e9be6

Would something like this be ok?