Since my last update, i think Monday,
i m having problems with gazebo rendering light.
the shadows turn black...

Also, when i start gazebo in cmd line it show me those erros too:
Error [ModelDatabase.cc:229] No <database> tag in the model database database.config found here[http://gazebosim.org/models/]
Error [ModelDatabase.cc:288] Unable to download model manifests

Has anyone the same problem?

PS:
i m running ubuntu 14.04 with gazebo 1.9.6-1

Best Regards,

Henrique de Souza Nery
Eng° de Desenvolvimento
(11) 99122-5830
hnery@automni.com.br
http://www.automni.com.br

Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 09:53:42 +0300
From: etsardou@gmail.com
To: ros-users@lists.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] STDR Simulator v0.2 released

Dear all,

We are happy to announce that the current version of STDR Simulator is 0.2! The changes compared to the v0.1.3 follow:

  • Several bugs were fixed
  • Code was refactored
  • Lidar resources were added
  • Added support of:
    • RFID tags and Readers
    • Thermal sources / sensors
    • CO2 sources / sensors
    • Sound sources / sensors

Special thanks to Sergey Alexandrov and Scott K Logan for code contributions.

Our future plans:
  • Make the sensor measurements more realistic
  • Add simulated battery in robots
  • Detection of robots footprint via other robots' distance sensors
  • Add a simple physics engine
It would be excellent if any of you would like to contribute either by code development, issue reporting or features request!

Best,
The STDR team.

--
Emmanouil G. Tsardoulias