Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] call for an official ROS USB camera package
I've been working on a libusb-based USB video class (UVC) camera
driver mainly for the reason of supporting OS X and xBSD. I also find
that the Video4Linux-based control system is usually awkward to work
with when it's being used to present UVC controls in a generic way.

It's not ready for testing, but I would be interested in putting it
out for a preliminary API review in order to help guide development. I
think I'll assemble some information and see if the ROS community
would help with that.

- Ken