Author: User discussions
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Injecting user's issue tracker information into the ros build system.
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Ken Conley <> wrote:
> We can definitely add the tag to the parser.  In general, this sort of
> metadata is hard to maintain as people end up doing a lot of copy-and-paste.
>  For example, the <url> attribute is often incorrect, but at the very least,
> it would provide an approach (as you suggest) for nudging people to include
> this information (e.g. putting into release scripts).

IMHO an interesting feature would be for the ROS wiki to understand
how to retrieve
remote issues.

It would both avoid having to migrate all issue trackers to a WG
supported website as it
was suggested before to properly aggregate results, it should not be
that difficult and it
would makes much more sense.

I.e. for GitHub, see:
http://develop.github.com/p/issues.html

By supporting a few sites/softs such as Github, Bugzilla, Trac and
Google code (http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/IssueTrackerAPI),
it would be easy to add support for 80% of the current stacks.

All these systems have tags and/or milestones. The script could as
well look for specific tags such as "electric" or "fuerte" and
inject this information into the wiki, the release or whatever system
which may need this information.

What do you think?
--
Thomas Moulard