Author: Benjamin Pitzer
To: Ken Conley
CC: ros-release
Subject: Re: [Ros-release] Fuerte hudson builds failing
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Ken Conley <> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Benjamin Pitzer <>
> wrote:
> > Perfect, this part is fixed now!
> >
> > The next problem is that rosdep 2 does not seem to process the
> rosdep.yaml
> > file anymore. Reading REP-125 confirmed my suspicion. Is there any other
> way
> > to add custom stack dependencies or is everything supposed to go
> > into https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/raw/master/rosdep/base.yaml?
>
> All released stacks must use the unified database. The old approach
> was unmaintainable for the large number of stacks that are now
> released.

Ok, that's what I thought. I added our deps to the database today.

I'm a little confused about the naming conventions in the database. There
are at least three different schemes for system libraries, e.g.:

libjpeg
libdc1394-dev
jasper

and I also see some meta entries such as

opengl
ffmpeg

which seem to contain multiple dependencies. If this will become the
central database for all released stacks I would suggest to clean this up
and keep a unified naming system. Otherwise this will become a mess and it
will be difficult to check if a particular dependency already exists.

Ben