Author: Brice Rebsamen
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Fwd: A newbie question...
Hi

first of all, this is the type of question that should be asked on the
ros answers site.

Nevertheless, here is my suggestion. One way to approach this is to
write a ROS node that would wrap your current driver for that board. All
of what your board receives and transmits, map it to some messages
(using standard ROS messages as much as possible), and publish /
subscribe to them. The main keyword in that is "wrap". Read about ROS
publishing and subscribing concepts and look at the existing messages.
This could be very easy...

Brice