Author: Lasse Einig
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Hotel recommendations for ROSCon 2015?
Hello,

the closest hotel probably is the Radisson Blue and the Grand Elysee,
which both may be quite booked, as they are also the recommended hotels
for the IROS. In general, you can take any hotel near a City-Train stop
of the S21. The S21 stop "Dammtor"[0] is right across the University
campus and takes only 2-3 minutes to walk. Hotels near the stop
"Sternschanze"[1] will leave you in one of the most trendy neighborhoods
of hamburg for a night out in the bars. There should be plenty of hotels
near the central station [2]. These are both only 1 stop away from
"Dammtor". I would not recommend going further than the stop
"Stellingen" [3], as it will take more than 15 minutes.

[4] is the city-train map for hamburg. The S21 is marked dark red.

Best,
Lasse

[0] Dammtor:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Hamburg+Dammtor/@53.560802,9.989409,17z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x47b18f22d6d76e5f:0xcce4dbab32635af7!2sHamburg+Dammtor!3m1!1s0x47b18f22d6d76e5f:0xcce4dbab32635af7
[1] Sternschanze:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Hamburg-Sternschanze/@53.5624235,9.9674554,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47b18f417c59c821:0x22f7b9dd93575ed1
[2] Central Station:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Hamburg+Hbf+%28S-Bahn%29/@53.553342,10.006185,17z/data=!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x47b18ee1440cd7f3:0x495c80b97a016024!2sHamburg+HBF!3m1!1s0x47b18ee14aff267d:0xb598f382d387ade5
[3] Stellingen:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Hamburg-Stellingen/@53.5895518,9.9194951,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47b186744f4a07cf:0xd180069fdd0e55d7

On 23.05.2015 21:59, Brian Gerkey via ros-users wrote:
> hi Jack,
>
> Some nearby hotels are listed here:
>    http://roscon.ros.org/2015/#hotels

> We researched room blocks but didn't go for it in the end.
>
> brian.
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Jack O'Quin via ros-users
> <> wrote:
>> I want to attend the ROSCon meeting in Hamburg this October. The website
>> shows the location as the University of Hamburg.
>>
>> http://roscon.ros.org/2015/
>>
>> I don't see any hotel recommendations listed yet. What are some good places
>> to stay in the vicinity of the conference? Are there likely to be any
>> conference discounts for booking rooms?
>> --
>> joq

Lasse Einig