Author: Jack O'Quin
To: Mani Monajjemi
CC: The ROS release mailing list
Subject: Re: [ros-release] problems running pre-release test
On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Mani Monajjemi <>
wrote:

> I would be happy to try Mani's fix, but don't know where in the process to
>> stop and patch the buildfarm scripts.
>> Are there instructions for how to accomplish that?
>

> These are the steps I follow to setup a local overlay development
> environment for ros_buildfarm:
> https://gist.github.com/mani-monaj/07646114fc275334503e
>
> I activate this virtualenv prior to running a pre-release script.

Thanks for the instructions. Following them, I bombed out on the second
step:

$ virtualenv -p venv
The executable venv (from --python=venv) does not exist

I have no idea what that message means.

My system is vanilla Trusty, with python3 (and now python-virtualenv)
installed. The default Trusty Python version is 2.7.6.

Suggestions?
--
joq