著者: Brian Gerkey
To: Mike Purvis, User discussions
題目: Re: [ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Mike Purvis via ros-users
<> wrote:
> Another view of "ROS1.5" would be where APIs (especially the C++ API) are
> maintained even as the underlying transport and serialization is changed
> around, an improved node/nodelet/launch scheme is developed, etc.

Much of this view of ROS 1.5 is something that we've discussed, and
which we're internally calling a "library shim." The idea is that you
could compile/run your existing (C++/Python) ROS code against a
familiar API that underneath uses the new ROS 2 implementation.

That shim remains on the list of tasks to consider, and in principle
it seems doable, but we haven't looked carefully into what would be
required (nor what the caveats would be, as there would certainly be
changes in behavior in some cases).

brian.