Author: Tully Foote via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Release] Releasing Different Versions of a Package for Different ROS distros
rohbotics <http://discourse.ros.org/users/rohbotics>
November 20

What is the best way to manage releasing different versions of a package to
each ros distro?

I have a package that requires different code to work in Kinetic and
Indigo, (OpenCV2 vs 3) and want to release into both. Currently I have
indigo-devel and kinetic-devel git branches, which both work on their
respective rosdistro (when built from source).

When I release the package, it becomes only a reversion number, which I
presume has to be unique across all distros. Is there a standard numbering
scheme to use in these circumstances?

Sorry if I missed some documentation somewhere.

Rohan