Author: Tully Foote via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Release] Deprecated ros-indig-tiago-* packages

Packages released onto the build farm that are then removed will eventually age out of the repository. They do not get actively deleted.

When packages are removed from the index, they will no longer be built. But they won't get removed from the repository until a package that depends on them gets rebuilt and invalidates them.

I think in your case the packages have mostly been cleared, and those that are not cleared will be cleared in the next indigo sync, which is [pending](http://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-indigo-sync-2016-11-14/820).

You can see the tiago packages here: http://repositories.ros.org/status_page/indigo_default.html?q=tiago

I will note that the sourcedebs will not automatically disappear.

And of course if you're behind any apt caches or mirrors then it's quite possible that the packages will not be removed soon or ever depending on their replication policies.

---
[Visit Topic](http://discourse.ros.org/t/deprecated-ros-indig-tiago-packages/893/2) or reply to this email to respond.