Author: Esteve via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Announcing Objective C on macOS and iOS for ROS2

Hi folks,

I just made public ros2_objc [1], a set of tools for building ROS2 applications in Objective C (including iPhones and iPads!), I had the code on a shelf all dusty and never found time for writing proper (-ish) instructions on how to build it.

Anyway, it's on GitHub and it's licensed under the Apache 2.0 license, so feel free to tinker with it and let me know what you think.

There's a bunch of ROS2 pull requests that need to be merged for this to work though [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10], but I hope I'll have time to address any feedback this week.

The list of features include:
- Generation of all builtin ROS types
- Support for publishers and subscriptions
- Clients and services
- Support for iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Unfortunately, the bindings and the generator are not complete and currently lack:
- Support for QoS
- Support for complex types, constants, lists and default values
- Access to the ROS2 graph

Have fun!

1 - https://github.com/esteve/ros2_objc
2 - https://github.com/ros2/rmw_fastrtps/pull/75