Author: ZOA via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: ZOA
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Control Engineer

**ZOA Robotics**

ZOA is a startup based in London (UK) developing highly mobile legged robots. We are a small, ambitious, talented team focused on shipping a revolutionary product. We have built and proven prototypes and we are again growing our team.

We engineer robots in a new way dynamic by design, lightweight, safe. Elegantly simple hardware backed by cutting-edge software.

Our goal is to build robots with the grace of animals working with people. Anywhere people can go, and some where people cant.

**The Role**

You will work alongside our AI lead to develop all aspects of robot software and systems: implementing low-level controllers, designing safe behaviours and advancing autonomy. This role reports directly to the CEO. Flexibility, ability to learn, innovate and solve problems are key for this position.

Responsibilities include establishing onboard sensing and control on ARM microcontrollers (using C), implementing of machine-learned behaviours onto the robots linux system and developing vision, navigation and control software. The role also includes on-the-job training and responsibility for PCB design, eventually growing to responsibility for all electrical aspects of the robot and working alongside the hardware lead on hardware design.

Salary: 38,000 to 40,000 + equity. The role is based in Hackney Wick, East London.

**Requirements**

* Experience as a software developer (1 yr) working on code as part of a team
* Experience developing for micro-controllers or similar low-level work (e.g. device driver coding)
* Graduate in CS/EE/Mechatronics or equivalent numerate field

**Desirable**

* Experience with electrical PCB design
* Experience with Python
* Experience with robot, joint or motor control
* Familiarity with linux environments and deployments
* Familiarity with machine learning techniques

**How to Apply**

If you would like to help make mechanical animals a reality email your CV to . A link to your public Linked In, Github or previous project would also be helpful.

www.zoarobotics.com/jobs
https://www.linkedin.com/company/zoa-robotics/

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-control-engineer/4026/1) or reply to this email to respond.