Author: Nick Burek via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Nick Burek
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Package Migration: Replacement for CallbackQueueInterface

I am looking at porting tf2_ros/include/message_filter.h from ROS1 to ROS2 (see issue: https://github.com/ros2/geometry2/issues/59).

The existing tf2 message_filter.h relies on using the CallbackQueueInterface in order to enqueue messages that it receives before they are sent on to subsequent filters/callbacks. It appears that ROS2 has changed the concept of a node have a single CallbackQueue to a node having multiple CallbackGroups that can have different thread locking mechanisms. This makes sense, but it is unclear to me how I can use a CallbackGroup instance to add a callback event to be processed. Are callback groups the proper way to handle this in ROS2 or is there a different mechanism that should be used to decouple two filters in a chain from being run in the same thread context? If CallbackGroups are the proper way to do this then how do you actually add a Callback to the group in order for it to be processed?

Thanks,
Nick

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-package-migration-replacement-for-callbackqueueinterface/5751/1) or reply to this email to respond.