Author: YUHONG_LIN via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: YUHONG_LIN
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS Developers Podcast (RDP)

* [RDP 025: Hardware Robot Operating System (or H-ROS) With Victor Mayoral](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-025-hardware-robot-operating-system-h-ros-victor-mayoral/)

In this episode we talk to Victor Mayoral, CTO of Erle/Acutronic about their Hardware ROS (or better known as H-ROS). We will talk about how they have implemented this hardware framework for building ROS based robots by combining hardware parts that natively work on ROS (no drivers required in the main computer). He will also explain us how to ROSify any hardware by using their SoM, and how they have applied this procedure to build a collaborative robot called MARA. And everything is working on ROS 2!

* [RDP 024: Using ROS 2 For Autonomous Cars With Dejan Pangercic](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-024-ros2-autonomous-cars-dejan-pangercic/)

In this episode, we talk to Dejan Pangercic, the CTO of APEX.AI a company that is creating the first fork of ROS 2 to create a new operating system for autonomous cars based on ROS: The Apex.OS. Dejan explains us why ROS2 is the way to go for autonomous cars, how are they modifying the main release of ROS 2 to create a certified version of it for self-driving cars, and how all that integrates with Autoware.

* [RDP 023: Using ROS to Teach Foundations of Robotics With Ross Knepper](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-023-ros-foundations-robotics-ross-knepper/)

In this episode, Ross explains how he uses ROS to teach foundations in robotics. He tells about how he synchronizes the teaching of ROS with the teaching of robotics subjects, as well as his use of simulations and the importance of debugging tools for ROS. He also explains why he doesnt use the ROS navigation stack or MoveIt! with his students.

* [RDP 022: Building Warehouse ROS Robots With Melonee Wise](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-022-warehouse-ros-robots-melonee-wise/)

In this episode we talk to one of the mothers of ROS, the co-creator of the Turtlebot robot, and the CEO of one of the most important companies of the world that sells ROS based Warehouse robots (Fetch Robotics). Among other things, she will explain about their work to simplify the control of fleets of robots based on ROS1 or how they use simulations in their development process.

* [RDP 021: The State of Robotics Education With Joel Esposito](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-021-state-robotics-education-joel-esposito/)

In this episode we talk with Joel Esposito about his research on what is the current state of robotics degrees around the world. Based on a set of questionnaires, Joel obtained a clear view of what is the current situation of robotics degrees around the world and what are its drawbacks. He then proposes how those drawbacks may be overcome and how ROS enters into the picture.

* [RDP 020: ROS Agriculture With Kyler Laird](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-020-ros-agriculture-kyler-laird/)

In this episode we talk with Kyler Laird about how to apply ROS to agricultural machines. Kyler will explain his experiences creating autonomous tractors. He will also talk about the ROS Agriculture group created to spread ROS among farmers.

* [RDP 019: The Linorobot Project With Juan Jimeno](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-019-linorobot-juan-jimeno/)

In this episode, Juan Jimeno from Singapore talks about his Linorobot suite. The Linorobot project is a suite of materials to allow people to learn about ROS by building your own robot. The project provides all the required elements to construct a program a wheeled robot, and it includes the option to build different types of wheeled robots including differential and ackermann steering types.

* [RDP 018: Teaching ROS to undergrads with Mika Barkan](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-018-teaching-ros-undergrads-mika-barkan/)

In this episode, Mika Barkan talks about her experience teaching ROS to undergraduated students at Bar-Ilan University from Israel.

She will explain some problems she is facing:

What is she teaching

How her students install ROS in their computers

Why she doesnt uses real robots for teaching ROS

What are the limitations she is facing for teaching ROS

* [RDP 017: ROS 2 and DDS for IoT devices with HaoChih Lin](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-017-ros-2-dds-iot-haochih/)

In this episode, HaoChih uses ROS 2 and DDS to create IoT products based on ROS 2 while working at ADLink Technology. He will explain some solutions he has been creating while at ADLink like:

Adlink_DDS bot

Adlink Neuron bot system

How they use DDS and ROS 2 for ARM based robotic solutions.

He will also talk about his Hypha ROS workshop organized last year in Taiwan.

* [RDP 016: Expanding ROS through China with May Zheng from Gaitech](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-016-expanding-ros-china-may-gaitech/)

In this episode we talk with May Zheng from chinese company Gaitech. She will explain us:

Is a very good moment now to sell ROS based products in Asia? How to start doing it?

What are the main problems of selling ROS based products in China

Which is the biggest market now in China for selling ROS based products

Is there any chance that a Chinese ROS appears in China?

* [RDP 015: Using ROS for Rescue Robots with Peter Kopias](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-015-using-ros-for-rescue-robots-with-peter-kopias/)

In this episode, we talk about how Peter is using ROS to create rescue robots that win robotics contests.

He will explain what are the current limitations of rescue robots and why they need a human pilot to drive them. He will also explain how they are doing the pilot interface using ROS. Additionally, he will explain how his team is connecting the hardware with ROS by means of ROS Serial.

Many more details included about several rescue robotics competitions around the world.

* [RDP 014: Using MATLAB with ROS with Sebastian Castro](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-014-using-matlab-with-ros-sebastian-castro/)

In this podcast we are going to learn how to integrate MATLAB code with ROS code to provide access to your robot to powerful mathematical libraries. Included in the podcast:

What is MATLAB and Simulink

What is the idea behind usingMATLAB with ROS

How does MATLAB provide support for ROS

What is the difference between Simulink and Gazebo

Useful MATLAB packages that ROS users can benefit from

Is MATLAB ready for ROS 2?

A competition surprise the guys of MATLAB are preparing for the ROSCON 2018!

and many more thingsWhat is MATLAB and Simulink

* [RDP 013: The Need For Robotics Standards](http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-013-robotics-standards/)

In this episode we would like to talk about the need that robotics developers have of having a standard for robotics (in terms of API).

By having a robotics standard, developers can concentrate on building solutions that do not have to be re-implemented whenever the robot hardware changes. Actually, given the middleware structure, developers can disassociate so much from the hardware that they can almost rely 100% of its time in the software realm while developing for robotics

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-developers-podcast-rdp/4505/3) or reply to this email to respond.