Author: Wilco Bonestroo via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Wilco Bonestroo
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Production Ready solutions

I have some questions about the labels for ROS Industrial code. Recently, I got a question from a company about the applicability of ROS Industrial for their production. For a typical solution with robot arms, I can use the industrial core, which is _production ready_. For path planning, we could select MoveIt, which is _experimental_, or Descartes, which is also _experimental_. I also need a vendor specific package and none of the vendor specific packages has the label "production ready". They are all _developmental_. Does this mean that we can't create a "production ready" solution at this moment?

Moreover, from the outside, it looks like all vendor specific packages have the same maturity or quality, because they are all _developmental_. However, to me it looks like there are differences in features and support between e.g. Yaskawa and Fanuc. Should there be a more detailed label for these vendor specific packages? With this information one should be able to know which robot / make / type to buy when one wants good ROS interoperability.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/production-ready-solutions/6542/1) or reply to this email to respond.