Author: Tommy Persson via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Tommy Persson
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Limit throughput (how to?)

I have problem with 4 computers on WiFi running ROS2 nodes and the WiFI performance is killed. I would like to limit the bandwidth used by ROS2 so how do I do that?

I have tested with a DEFAULT_FASTRTPS_PROFILES.xml looking like:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <profiles>
        <participant profile_name="participant_profile" is_default_profile="true">
            <rtps>
                <builtin>
                  <throughputController>
                    <bytesPerPeriod>10000</bytesPerPeriod>
                    <periodMillisecs>1000</periodMillisecs>
                  </throughputController>
                </builtin>
            </rtps>
        </participant>
    </profiles>

Is this the correct syntax for this file? Where can I find working examples of this file? How can you confirm that this file is loaded properly?

The above does not seem to work since the ping time at least is killed becoming around 1s.

I am running the latest release of ROS2.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/limit-throughput-how-to/6841/1) or reply to this email to respond.