Author: ruffsl via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: ruffsl
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Security Working Group Online Meeting - Nov 30th, 2018 @ 10:00 AM PST

[quote="coleray, post:1, topic:6953"]

Please let me know if theres something you would like to discuss, otherwise I will propose a subject.

[/quote]

I'd like to suggest adding time for discussing Security for ROS2 Actions to the agenda. It seems the current proposal relies upon composing action interfaces from dedicated ROS2 topics and services. Should these dedicated topics and services for actions be namespaced into the same DDS topic mapping as ordinary ROS2 topics and services, I suspect this crossover of interfaces will make securing or compartmentalizing/isolating permissions to specific ROS2 interfaces difficult as middleware layer; i.e. the colliding of resource identifiers from supposably different ROS2 interfaces will hinder the fedelty at which users can construct policy permissions.

https://github.com/ros2/design/pull/193/files#r235861311

To cut to the chase, see my review comments starting [here](https://github.com/ros2/design/pull/193/files#r235861311).

Perhaps some others involved in action proposal/implementation could also join this week's meeting to help shed light on the challenges in rectifying this architecture concern. Ping: @wjwwood @gbiggs @davetcoleman @mikeferguson @jacobperron @paulbovbel @sservulo @mkhansen @sloretz

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-security-working-group-online-meeting-nov-30th-2018-10-00-am-pst/6953/2) or reply to this email to respond.