Author: Jason Gauthier via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Jason Gauthier
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [OpenEmbedded] ROS on an Intel Aero/Yocto

Greetings,

I am trying to get a ROS install on an Intel Aero Compute board that is distributed with a yocto platform. I've tried two different approaches. One approach is the cross-compilation method mentioned here:
http://wiki.ros.org/hydro/Installation/OpenEmbedded

However, after setting up the environment an attempting to `bitbake roslaunch` I get an error that says:
`ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python-pyyaml' (but /home/xyz/devel/meta-ros/recipes-ros/ros-comm/roslaunch_1.11.21.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)`

I've done a bit of searching, but I haven't been able to determine a reasonable solution.

The second method I've attempted is a source installation:
http://wiki.ros.org/Installation/Source#melodic.2BAC8-Installation.2BAC8-Source.Installation

Since the compute board has a dev envorment this seemed reasonable.
Unfortunately, `rosdep update` cannot determine the OS. I'm not sure which OS would be the most suitable.

Anyway, any solution on continuing down either path would be appreciated.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-on-an-intel-aero-yocto/7055/1) or reply to this email to respond.