Author: Víctor Mayoral Vilches via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Víctor Mayoral Vilches
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Fully Open Source (Industrial) Robotics Controller

Very nice update @machinekoder! It's pretty interesting to read that you're replaced the original controller with your own:

> I threw out the original controller in favor of some [Mesa-Electronics](http://www.mesanet.com/) FPGA Anything I/O Ethernet cards. In particular, I used one 7i80 as a control interface, one 7i52 to interface with the differential-pair step-generation inputs and encoder feedback outputs, and two 7i37 Isolated Anything-IO adapters to connect the I/Os of the robot.

I'm not familiar with the Borunte BRTIRUS0805A robot but it sounds like you're running the controller directly in the FPGAs, right? If that's the case, it's rather similar to what we're doing with the [ORC](https://acutronicrobotics.com/products/orc/) (it has a big FPGA inside). Could you share a bit more about the difficulties you found while interfacing with the Borunte arm?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fully-open-source-industrial-robotics-controller/5832/29) or reply to this email to respond.