Author: Bence Magyar via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Bence Magyar via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ros_control in ROS2 wishlist

Hello everyone,

Your friendly ros_control maintainer team has been busy thinking about what sort of community interest is there for a ROS2 ros_control version.

Example:
1. "We only need the `diff_drive_controller` as-is.
2. "My company only needs the `joint_trajectory_controller` as-is.
3. "I need all the controllers."
4. "We need a more extendable framework (flexible hardware_interfaces) while maintaining the realtime-safe qualities."
5. "My research needs interconnected controllers, the output of one is the input of the other."
6. "My robot needs different update rates per controller."
7. "My kids need better tutorials on how to write the hardware abstraction layer (RobotHW)."
8. "Redesign and rewrite the whole thing in X."

Please fire away, this is an interactive wishlist ;)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-control-in-ros2-wishlist/7803/1) or reply to this email to respond.