Author: Dave Coleman via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Dave Coleman via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Versioning Roadmap: MoveIt! 1.0 Release Plan

After further debating versioning numbers internally and with Acutronic Robotics (@vmayoral), I believe it is best if we reserve "MoveIt! 2.0" version to coincide with ROS 2.0 support. In my original post above I had said:

> This decision depends on how long it takes to get ROS2 support and how many core MoveIt! maintainers are willing to make the switch soon.

Because Acutronic Robotics and PickNik are now beginning development on ROS 2.0 support (full announcement pending), the timing does not make sense to call it instead MoveIt! 3.0. This would be a confusing break from the standard being used by the rest of the ROS community e.g. rviz2

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/versioning-roadmap-moveit-1-0-release-plan/7437/5) or reply to this email to respond.