Author: Penny via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Penny via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Senior Software Engineer & Tech Lead at Robotics Startup in California

Bear Robotics, Inc. was started in 2017 to address the increased pressure faced by the food service industry around wages, labor supply, and cost efficiencies. Our company has developed a robot named Penny that is enabled by artificial intelligence to autonomously shuttle food from a kitchen out to tables and bring dishes back for cleaning. If you want to dive into deep-tech with an A+ team, Bear Robotics is a perfect place for you.

For our headquarter in Redwood City, CA we are looking for an experienced **SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER** who wants to play a key role in in building and optimizing our own infrastructure to control and monitor our globally deployed robots.

**Your story**

After graduating with a **degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,** you have spent some years at an international tech company and developed **senior skills,** mainly in the **backend software development** . Now you are the go-to expert in regards to **large and complex software design architecture** . You have built some innovative stuff, but now you feel stuck and plateaued. You are losing sight of the bigger picture, and you believe theres no development for you on the horizon.

But you know you could do so much more! You enjoy driving **optimization strategies** , realizing **ambiguous work streams** and **translating product requirements into technical specification** . You want **take over responsibility** and impact the growth of a product and a whole company. You aim to **define and achieve project milestones** and drive **constant innovation** . You are missing team spirit, and you know with your **go-getter personality** and **people-focused mentality** you are ready to **lead a team** of motivated software engineers.

In a nutshell: It is time for a career change to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with big technical challenges and the opportunity to shape a product which is used in the real world. And that is exactly what you will find as a part of Bear Robotics.

**What to expect**

We are not a big tech company yet, but we are striving every day to become THE global player when it comes to robotics. A startup like us gives you the opportunity for personal development, building up expertise in your field without being too niche and enjoy short direct ways of communication.

Our team of motivated software engineers and business developers at Bear Robotics believe that one day it will be difficult to imagine a restaurant without our autonomous robot designed for running, bussing and other front-end restaurant tasks. Therefore we are looking for goal-driven individuals who want to make an impact on Bear Robotics success and who are not afraid to work beyond 9-5.

Our robot is a unique product which often needs outside the box solutions. We will challenge you to walk the extra mile but we would also like to have an after work drink with you or celebrate our important milestones and successes.

If you believe that could be your next career move, Bear Robotics, Inc. looks forward to hear from you.

Please send us your latest CV with an overview about your strongest software skills and add a few sentences about yourself and why this role is interesting for you.

**Terms**

Based in Redwood City, CA

Full-time position

Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/senior-software-engineer-tech-lead-at-robotics-startup-in-california/8361/1) or reply to this email to respond.