[Ros-release] Precise update

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 11 00:18:40 UTC 2012

Hey all,

In good news we have built one precise deb already!
http://hudson.willowgarage.com:8080/job/ros-fuerte-catkin_binarydeb_precise_amd64/1/

At Vincent's prompting I have added precise as a target because we are now
coming up on it's release date and everything we depend on should be
frozen.   I have updated our repos to support precise debs.

There is still a bunch to do for dry stacks, but wet is more or less going
forward.

To get a wet style precise deb for catkin I did the following:
Manually updated the changelog to reflect precise, committed it and tagged
it, and pushed it.  (If you have rosdeps which change between the releases
they will be required to be updated in the control file.)
Manually triggered the sourcedeb, (it will fail because it can't reupload
the other distros)
Manually triggered the binarydeb. (It won't autostart due to above failure)

I will hold off on adding precise to the dry builds.  And precise support
will not gate the Fuerte release, but we can start to make progress on it.

Tully

--
Tully Foote
Systems Engineer