[Ros-release] source debian build [rtt_geometry-0.2.0] failed on oneiric

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 11 16:24:00 UTC 2012

I'm partially confused because it seems someone else is mucking around
and fixing things, as the most recent rtt_geometry sourcedeb job
succeeded:

http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-sourcedeb/6129/

My guess is that it was failing because orocos_toolchain, which
rtt_geometry depends on, does not have Oneiric packaging.  Hence, the
possible reason for "[oneiric]: stack [rtt_geometry] does not have
valid debian package dependencies for release [oneiric]".  dpkg does
not give good error messages, so we cannot give good error messages
either.

In general, please see my answer here:

http://answers.ros.org/question/29157/package-passes-pre-release-tests-but-fails-source

tl;dr: the failure reason for sourcedebs is almost *always* a dependency issue.

 - Ken