[Ros-release] Questions about Releases

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 03:08:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We've been fighting a bit with the release system and have a couple of
outstanding questions. Perhaps other users are running into the same issues.

*Wet Stacks - Bloom's Debian Build Increment Number*

Under what situations exactly is the build increment number useful?

I interpreted it as a minor update which forces a rebuild of the deb, but
not an update which generates a code api change or bugfix (e.g, a
dependency problem). Is this correct?

The second issue I'm having with it, is that generating a new release with
incremented debian build number would force a jenkins build, but that
doesn't seem to be happening. e.g. I have these tags in my release repo,

https://github.com/yujinrobot-release/ecl_lite-release/archive/debian/ros-groovy-ecl-time-lite_0.50.0-0_precise.zip
https://github.com/yujinrobot-release/ecl_lite-release/archive/debian/ros-groovy-ecl-time-lite_0.50.0-1_precise.zip

This specification in rosdistro

ecl_lite:
    url: git://github.com/yujinrobot-release/ecl_lite-release.git
    version: 0.50.0-1
    packages:
      ecl_config:
      ecl_converters_lite:
      ecl_errors:
      ecl_io:
      ecl_lite:
      ecl_sigslots_lite:
      ecl_time_lite:

It's also showing up on the but nothing getting upgraded on jenkins - i.e.
it's still trying to build 0.50.0-0. Pre-releases are also picking up
0.50.0 by default. Enlightenment would be great :)

*Dry Stacks - Stack dependencies on Wet Stacks*
*
*
These require dependencies to wet stacks. For this to work should the wet
stack always include a metapackage for the entire group?

*Prereleases*
*
*
Do these build against ros stable, shadow-fixed or building?

Thanks,
Daniel Stonier.