[Ros-release] How to run pre-release tests on a new, dry stack?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Dec 7 01:09:30 UTC 2012

Hi Jack,

I think you're up and running now.  However I'm going to reply to the list
for others sake.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com>wrote:

>>> I haven't been able to do that - first tried a couple of weeks ago, but
>>> not sure about the current status.  At the very least, I think to get a dry
>>> stack showing up in the drop down you'd need your entry in
>>> https://code.ros.org/svn/release/trunk/distros/fuerte.rosdistro, not at
>>> github.com/ros/rosdistro.
>>>

>> That's correct for dry stacks it's still in the release project on
>> code.ros.org.

> Thanks Daniel and Tully for solving my problem with Fuerte. Those tests
> seem to run, now.
>
> I was misled by the documentation.  The Fuerte pre-release page[1] points
> to the regression_tests page[2], which points to the github repo for the
> non-Catkin rosdistro file. I will help fix the documentation, once I figure
> out what it should say. It is confusing that both repos contain .rosdistro
> files for both Fuerte and Groovy.
>
> What about Groovy? Should dry stacks be using the code.ros.org release
> repo for that, too? Although my new stack is now listed on the Groovy
> pre-release page[4], none of those tests run successfully. But, I have not
> yet succeeded with any dry, Groovy pre-release test, even for very simple
> stacks with few dependencies. I keep trying periodically.
>
>  * Is the new github rosdistro repo ever used for dry stacks? Or, only in
> Groovy?

The new rosdistro files on github are only for wet (catkin based) packages.
 All dry stacks are still listed in the rosdistro files on code.ros.org

>  * Should the Fuerte pre-release page[1] point somewhere else for its "Can't
> find your repository in the list?<http://www.ros.org/wiki/regression_tests>"
> link?

I fixed the link to point to code.ros.org.

>  * Is there a Fuerte to Groovy dry stack migration guide that I have
> overlooked?

 There's a tutorial for how to migrate a package from rosbuild to catkin
at: http://www.ros.org/wiki/catkin/migrating_from_rosbuild

There's not currently a global migration guide for changes between fuerte
and groovy.  I'll look into creating one.

Tully

--
Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com