[Ros-release] Groovy package dependency updates

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:57:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone:
>>
>> We have cleaned up the dependencies of the core ros packages as a result
>> we don't leak dependencies downstream improperly.  This broke a bunch of
>> packages that relied on these leaked dependencies.
>>
>> We just did a hackathon to fix up most packages but we didn't have time
>> or access to fix all packages.  Please take a look at your packages if you
>> see that their build status is red on the build farm, hopefully the error
>> will be obvious.  If not please email us.  If it's gray, something
>> downstream is blocking it, and if it's yellow there's a warning, but it did
>> build successfuly.
>>

>> Here's the summary of what we did for each package:
>>
>> 1) update package.xml to change build_depend(catkin) ->
>> buildtool_depend(catkin), or add buildtool_depend(catkin) if none was
>> specified.
>>
>> 2) Check if packages have warning on the buildfarm: either due to invalid
>> fields in package.xml or legacy setup.py style  The debbuild job history
>> will have yellow buttons, click on those will show warnings.
>>
>> 3) Remove dependencies on langs, genmsg and langs-dev in message
>> packages, they become build_depend on message_generation  and run_depend on
>> message_runtime.
>>
>> The farm is actively rebuilding groovy and we'll be turning it over
>> regularly.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
>>

> What about dry packages?
>
> According  to the status page [http://www.ros.org/debbuild/groovy.html],
> camera1394 1.8.0 is now broken (Red, Green, Green).
>
> Where do I look to figure out what went wrong?
>
> The old debbuild page looks like it was working 10 days ago: [
> http://build.willowgarage.com/view/All/job/devel_groovy_camera1394_precise_amd64/
> ]
>
> Is that information stored somewhere else now?

I tried running a pre-release test for camera1394 on Groovy, but the unit
tests fail to run. That is nothing new. Unit tests fail for every dry
stack pre-release I have attempted on Groovy.

There was some discussion a while back concerning libgtest. Has that been
resolved? Because of it, I have not been able to release any new (dry)
packages to Groovy.

This seems like a critical problem. Is it already known? Should I open a
defect ticket?
--
 joq