[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 01:08:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:

> Releasing into Fuerte, Unstable vs. Fuerte
>
> We've been bringing up the new system as 'fuerte'. We've left
> 'unstable' in place with the legacy system so that we can cross-verify
> the two as well as enable stack maintainers to continue to release new
> updates.
>
> We are now opening up 'fuerte' for your releases.  You will need a new
> release script as the old create.py script depends on libraries that
> have been moved.  Instructions are here:
>
> http://ros.org/wiki/fuerte/release
>
> We encourage you to release into 'fuerte' instead of 'unstable'.  Now
> that the new system has landed, our integration efforts are focused on
> the combined system.

I tried to download rosrelease on Oneiric, but it failed:

$ sudo pip install -U rosrelease
[sudo] password for joq:
Downloading/unpacking rosrelease
  Downloading rosrelease-0.2.0.tar.gz
  Running setup.py egg_info for package rosrelease

Downloading/unpacking python-jenkins (from rosrelease)
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
python-jenkins (from rosrelease)
No distributions at all found for python-jenkins (from rosrelease)
Storing complete log in /home/joq/.pip/pip.log

--
 joq