[Ros-release] Fuerte hudson builds failing

Benjamin Pitzer ben.pitzer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:13:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We just started to build our releases against fuerte and every single stack
build seems to fail at the moment. The error is thrown by rosdep not
finding /etc/ros/rosdep/source.list.d (see below). This behavior is
reproducible on systems where "sudo rosdep init" was never called. Is this
something that needs to be fixed in the hudson configuration?

Installing system dependencies of stacks we're testing

Install system dependencies of stack bosch_drivers
Executing command "rosdep install -y bosch_drivers"

ERROR: Rosdep experienced an internal error: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '/etc/ros/rosdep/sources.list.d'
Please go to the rosdep page [1] and file a bug report with the stack
trace below.
[1] : http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosdep

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rosdep2/main.py", line
107, in rosdep_main
    exit_code = _rosdep_main(args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rosdep2/main.py", line
209, in _rosdep_main
    check_for_sources_list_init(options.sources_cache_dir)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/rosdep2/main.py", line
154, in check_for_sources_list_init
    filelist = [f for f in os.listdir(get_sources_list_dir()) if
f.endswith('.list')]
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/ros/rosdep/sources.list.d'

Install system dependencies of stack bosch_drivers