[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Feb 2 17:11:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a page listing all the Python scripts I need to work with the
>> new fuerte build?
>>
>> I am burning much time finding and fixing them one at a time. Right
>> now I am looking for `rosmake` so `rosinstall` can complete
>> successfully.
>
> Correction: rosmake exists, it fails on the --rosdep-install

Yeah, rosmake doesn't take --rosdep- options any more.  rosinstall is
being updated to not pass them to rosmake.  In the meantime, you can
work around it by passing '-n' to rosinstall (to make it not to the
bootstrap build).  Then you should run rosdep separately (e.g.,
'rosdep -a -y'), before rosmake.  That's what our new devel_fuerte
builds are doing, and they're mostly happy
(http://build.willowgarage.com/view/devel_fuerte/).

> Apparently, common_rosdeps is not yet in the Debian package repository.

Looks like it's up-to-date in shadow-fixed, but the latest one hasn't
been pushed public yet (http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html).  I
recommend switching to shadow-fixed (in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ros-latest.list, replace '/ros/' with
'/ros-shadow-fixed/', and apt-get update).  That repo generally has
newer stuff.  You may sometimes need to switch back to the public ros
repo, e.g., when a new debbuild gets kicked off (because it
invalidates the contents of shadow-fixed for up to 10 hours).

	brian.