[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri Feb 3 00:13:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also encountered the following pitfall:
>
>  * install unstable
>  * source /opt/ros/unstable/setup.bash
>  * install fuerte
>  * source /opt/ros/fuerte/setup.bash
>  * which rosdep
>   /opt/ros/unstable/ros/bin/rosdep
>
> The problem is that /opt/ros/unstable/ros/bin is still part of $PATH
> and ahead of /usr/local/bin.

hi Jack,

I noted this on the Migration page as one of multiple issues that can
pop up when switching between Fuerte and other distros:

http://ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Migration#Errors_switching_between_Fuerte_and_other_ROS_releases

As noted there, safest to start with a fresh shell each time.  We're
working on fixes for each problem that's identified (including the one
you pointed out: https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3832).

Thanks for your patience during this transition.  It won't be
painless, but we'll work out all the kinks soon enough.

	brian.