[Ros-release] Debian source build failed -- what to do?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:02:12 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Vincent Rabaud
<vrabaud at willowgarage.com> wrote:

> Open up the yaml file and you'll see there is no precise. There was probably
> a message given to you when you did a ros release. To fix it, you first need
> to check that the dependencies are all proper for precise in
> https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/rosdep/base.yaml (by checking
> packages.ubuntu.com/precise/your_dependency_name ) and if so, you probably
> just need to do a rosdep update before your next release.

After hours of work, I still have no clue what rosdep is missing for Precise.

On a Precise-Fuerte machine, I run:

 $ rosdep update
 $ rosdep keys art_vehicle | wc -l
36
 $ rosdep resolve $(rosdep keys art_vehicle)
<long list of apt package lists>
 $ rosdep check art_vehicle
All system dependencies have been satisified

This seems to "prove" that all 36 rosdeps are correctly defined and
installable on Precise.

What am I missing here?
--
 joq