[Ros-release] pre-release for Fuerte fails

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 20 16:56:37 UTC 2012

> The geometry tarball isn't corrupt. The problem here is that the build
> system is trying to extract it without passing the -j option to tar,
> so it doesn't run a decompression before trying to un-tar it.

> Leaving off the decompression options works on recent versions of tar,
> but I believe the build system is still running Lucid, which doesn't
> have this feature.

You're right, passing the -j option to tar works. We see the same
problem on both Lucid and Oneiric though, and this problem only occurs
with some of the tarballs.  So maybe not all tarballs are actually
compressed, even though they all have the .bz2 extention?  This is
something we can fix in either the release script or in rosinstall.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.
<http://www.willowgarage.com)