[Ros-release] Catkinization & Bloom

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Nov 9 11:11:19 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-09 12:05, Daniel Stonier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying catkinization & bloom for the first time on a very simple
> msg/srv package (zeroconf_comms) which is having trouble building the
> source debian on jenkins.
>
> It is not looking for the correct tag, in particular, it's not looking
> for the increment number that is postfixed to the version number for
> the package.

Afaik the rosdistro file tells the build job which version to check out,
it needs to exactly match the tagged one you released:
https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/releases/groovy.yaml

It appears to be 0.1.7 where it should be 0.1.7-0. The debian-increment
number now always gets added, and is 0 by default.

I usually directly edit the file at github to adjust the version
numbers, that will create a patch and pull request automatically - neat!

Best,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg